Have your students struggled when trying to solve STAAR® rigor TEKS aligned questions independently?
After exploring a new math idea, teachers may not reach 100% success. Students with academic gaps may understand a mathematical concept, but they fall short once a new math skill is added or additional background knowledge is necessary in the independent practice. This is why we have used the research-based gradual release idea and happily experienced many students’ success stories. However, one of the challenges we faced was finding the resources required to support this model. Therefore, we created the STAAR® Practice I Do – You Do® Math printed and digital workbooks.
Each pair of our I Do – You Do® problems are created to provide students with background knowledge and to allow the teacher to model the concept itself with the math skills needed. Students can use their notes to independently and completely solve the You Do problem. This approach builds confidence and readiness for a more independent and successful student.
Our electronic and printed I Do – You Do® program offers the following:
- Problem-solving practice organized and displayed by TEKS and category
- Exposure to the STAAR® layout and rigor
- Printed workbooks, including a student and a teacher’s electronic version
- Printed answer keys if purchased
Additionally, the electronic version offers:
- Instructional videos that are easy to integrate with common online-teaching platforms (Google Classroom, MS Teams, Schoology, etc.)
- The option of printing (Not provided by most other publishers)
- The possibility of assigning students’ work via hyperlinks
- Electronic annotation tools for teachers and students
- Electronic teacher’s answer key
- Automatic saving of the students’ work in their accounts
- The option for students to include their work in a PDF file and submit to their teachers on any platform (Google Classroom, MS Teams, Schoology, etc.)