The implementation of Benchmark assessments in the classroom is a great instructional aid. As educators, we can identify our students’ strengths and, from there, help our students grow in their mathematics. Additionally, students can reduce test anxiety and build confidence by practicing throughout the year.
We recommend the administration of Benchmark exams at different times during the school year.
- You can administer a Benchmark early in the school year to identify where your students stand.
- The students can take a second Benchmark towards the middle of the school year to identify progress and provide adequate on-time interventions.
- The third administration of a Benchmark can be scheduled about two months before the STAAR to prioritize re-teaching TEKS.
Our electronic STAAR Practice- Benchmarks offers the following:
- A guarantee that the students are exposed to and familiarized with the STAAR layout and rigor
- An electronic answer key that facilitates item analyzes by description, TEKS, and category
- The option of printing (Not provided by most other publishers)
- The possibility of assigning students’ work via hyperlinks
- Electronic annotation tools for teachers and students
- Automatic saving of the students’ work in their accounts
- The option for students to include their work in a PDF file and submit to their teachers on any platform (Google Classroom, MS Teams, Schoology, etc.)